Events during ASCILITE
The following are social activities that are planned during ASCILITE 2023. These activities centre around the conference venue (Te Pae) and the wider Ōtautahi|Christchurch area.
Sunday 3 December – Workshops and Delegate Drinks
Workshops (incl meet and greet). These workshops follow the theme of the conference and the keynote addresses.
Delegate Drinks held at Te Pae conference venue. Drink, canapes, welcome from the conference hosts.
Monday 4 December – Explore the city
Welcome breakfast for those new to ASCILTE.
Attendees are encouraged to explore the local city surroundings at the close of the day – and reminded of places to eat/drink. We encourage you to have a walk around the town and explore. This is a great self-guided walk around some of the sights.
Tuesday 5 December – Conference Dinner
Conference dinner at Te Pae conference venue; drinks and canapes followed by meal, music and dancing.
The theme is “Old Skool” – check out our latest updates for some inspiration!
In addition to the above, we are also hosting a range of social activities that you can register for that will happen before, after or during the conference. More details will be provided closer to the event, but these will include:
- Guided visit to Te Puna o Wai Whetū|Christchurch Art Gallery
- Gin, wine and beer-tasting experiences at Riverside
- Tram tours of the city
- Walking tour to explore the Botanical Gardens and Hagley Park
- Walking tour to explore Te Matatiki Toi Ora|The Arts Centre
- Day trip to Akaroa for a cultural experience
Exploring on your own
Walking tours of Christchurch CBD and street art – FREE
Guided Walks of the Central City by Walk Christchurch
- Street Art Christchurch a list and information of all the street art you can find in the city. For more information, you can also explore this website.
- Plain Sight: an AR app that you can use to bring some of these artworks to life.
ASCLITE is hosted by the University of Canterbury and the Digital Education Futures Lab.